Dirt Road Journey's

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~Ursula K. Le Guin

Friday, July 08, 2005

THIS MAY BE A DEATH BED CONFESSION

On the way home today
I was relaxed in my car.
I had the Cowboy Junkies playing...

Slouched in my seat,
I quietly sang along.
I watched the city pass by
and fade into memory.

..."And I don't want you to think that this
is some kind of death bead confession..."


Confessions...
lots of them roll around
in all of our minds.
Never knowing for sure
how to set them free.

My confessions...
too big to sum up
in a single line.
If I had my way,
It'd be okay to disappear.

It's just the little things...

A vetoed canoe trip,
you won't go...
now you don't trust me
so I can't go alone.

I had it coming,
but I won't settle for that.
I'm worth more than
a leash around the neck.

You already know the truth
about me.
and the truth about
about you.

So we wind
through the back
roads of contemplation.
If you knew the truth,
I'd already be walking.

I'm still a good girl
and I'll always be me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home