Dirt Road Journey's

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~Ursula K. Le Guin

Monday, January 16, 2006

What I know...a letter to a friend

People will judge you and your decisions by their standards, not considering what you have been through emotionally, physically, etc. I have been called a tramp and had many friends shun me because I dared to get out of an unhappy marriage. I've learned who my true friends are, that you can't judge a person's motives for moving on until you've walked in their shoes and that even though it was all so hard, I have a man that I truly love and I wouldn't have it any other way.

We all have our innate nature that we may shove into the shadows, but it cannot be concealed. We are who we are and most of us will never change.

I've learned that I couldn't handle that life that I tried to mold myself into. I'm not that girl. It took all of the individuality and excitement out of life to be with someone that I never intimately connected with.

If I wouldn't have dared to take a chance, I would have regretted it for all my life and I am a much better person for doing so.

Judge me or not, I'm thankful for my real friends, and for the courage that I found from within to change my own life instead of waiting for something or someone else to change it for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger greglo said...

Yep, a hard decision you took.

If some people can't help judging without even trying to understand... well, that's how things go on our little homely planet. But also, other people do try to consider things in diffferent ways. Other people had to go through similar things, suffered, felt imprisoned in their life, took a chance and lived. Some didn't and yet do understand that we're all just trying to do what we feel is right for us, which is the only way, really, we can then offer some quality relationship to other people around us.

Friends or relatives can be such a pain in such times.
Why should anyone be judged for trying to be loved and give love back? Or because he/she wants to be happy?

Anyway... probably didn't have enough coffee yet,

I think you are making a courageous, very courageous move, and wish you guys a wonderful life.

Take care, and keep writing!!!!!!!

Laurent

1/16/2006 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home