Dirt Road Journey's

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~Ursula K. Le Guin

Thursday, May 11, 2006

To Be Honest

So she said that she'd tell me what she told everyone else...

She's packing her bags and heading for who knows where.
She'd call her boys now and then and that's it.

She didn't want to hear from anyone...
and to be honest, she said,
she didn't even want to talk to me
ever again.

"What the hell happened in counseling yesterday?" I asked
"It isn't what happened yesterday, it's what happened today when I went by myself..." She said

She told me that she didn't need anyone and didn't want me to call her again. I told her that it was bull shit... And then she hung up on me.

So she was packing all of her stuff to head out into the world...ALONE.

Can't say I blame her. Lord knows I've been there. But it pains me to see what I'd rather not see.

I put my phone down and let out a sigh...little tears welled up in my eyes. I told her that I was here for her and if she ever needed me that I'd always be here. I guess that's all I can offer.

Friendless once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home