Dirt Road Journey's

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~Ursula K. Le Guin

Saturday, April 23, 2005

........BLAH!!!!!!!!

..............Had a fight last night.
One filled with the jagged little pokes from me
and the normal, expected amount of fucking complaisancy from he.

"Can we work it out?"
"Can we work it out?"
"Can we work it out!"

I don't know!

Got out all of my feelings that were full of "I want to leaves."
They were too fucking well received.
Can't you be mad at me?

Everything I say can be remedied by him changing to meet my expectations of a mate.
Why should you do all of the changing?
Why are you so happy?
Why is it okay to just accept your situation
and not take a hard look at the fact that
you don't spend any time together?

Why don't I want to change?
Why is the path that I'm on
a whole lot wider than yours?
Why is it veering away from a
family life?

Why don't I want to meet you half way?

I put it all away and painted on a new face.
Thought I could enjoy a dinner
But my thoughts started to wander.

Enter the Corner Bar.
Eyes puffy
Head pounding.
Order up an Oberon
and a sandwhich
that I won't eat.

The lights dim,
What's this?
Fucking Micheal Crittenden
on the the accoustic guitar.

He starts to play the harmonica
Singing a song about a man's hands
"Let me see your hands
Such a symbol of determination."
One night away
from Troll for Trout
to play me a song when
I needed it the most.

My mind a blur.
Don't think I can look back.
I don't know what to do
Don't know how to deal.

I am only human after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home