Dirt Road Journey's

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~Ursula K. Le Guin

Sunday, April 24, 2005

It Snowed Today

Looking out toward the Lake, it looks more like late November
than it does late April.
Got a couple inches of snow last night.
It's plastered on the trees
and sitting stubbornly on the boat.
Last week it was 80 degrees!

I see little tracks all over from the dog.
You can see where she weaves and circles.

The spring song birds are out there singing anyway.
They are better souls than I
Because I can't think of anything to sing about.

It's all okay, though, because there IS light at the end of the tunnel.
Soon May will be here and the flowers will bloom
We'll be able to sleep with the windows open.

Then I can get caught up on some less muddy dirt road journeys.
Get back to my roots and run the roads and listen to tunes
and think.

Think.
That's what I need.
No people, just me and me.

My kitten Lola says:
fdghujikkloidskjrdfhrhjre
Translation: What we really need is a little more cow bell.

Right on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home