Dirt Road Journey's

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~Ursula K. Le Guin

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Get your own Dam Beer!

Some time during the night, unbeknownst to me, my brain went ahead and got a grip. When I woke up, I felt much better.

My garage sale was what I would consider a success. A success as far as garage sales go, that is. I got rid of a lot of junk and made $150! That's better than a sharp stick in the eye, I always say! My brother Jesse came over and kept me company and my dad brought a cooler of beer!

When it was time to close, we decided that we should grab the spouses and go get something to eat. We headed out to a place called the "Red Anchor Inn" near the Croton Dam. They brew their own beer there and the entire staff was wearing t-shirts that said "Get your own dam beer."

My dad ordered a steak dinner and as soon as he started to cut the meat, he dumped his entire plate in his lap! I tried not to laugh, but it really was kind of funny. After dinner, we all drove to the dam for a pretty sunset view, then out for ice cream cones!

It was a good day and a good mood lifter!! Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home