Dirt Road Journey's

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~Ursula K. Le Guin

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

pale blue ideal skies

Just as the smallest note
can alter a song,
It's the tiniest of gestures
that make it seem wrong.

A shrug of the shoulder,
Your eyes move away.
A shade of navy painted on my brain.
I get on my platform
and scream on the inside.

It's kind of crazy,
I feel like
I'm running in circles
as fast as I can

with only one leg
on the ground.


Dizzily down on my knees,
I sift sand
through my finger tips.
If I had half
the notion,
I'd light a cigarette.

Take a picture
of a blue sky
and I'll try
to imagine myself in it.

...but
the pale blue of
ideal skies soon gets
filed in my navy blue mind.

Just as the tiniest of gestures
can make it seem wrong,
It's the smallest of sounds
that make the whole song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home