Dirt Road Journey's

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~Ursula K. Le Guin

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

No Climax in Sight

I'm not the best at staying up all night.
I have this built in clock that starts prodding me
toward bed around 10:30.

When we were on our way home from California,
I had a VERY hard time staying awake all night
while I followed Wile and our U-Haul on the
interstate.

On the first night, before I had that
"Been up for 2 days adrenaline buzz" going on,
I had to drive with the light on so that I wouldn't
doze. During that time, I had a lot of time to think.

I came up with all of these things to write about.
Anything from the music playing at one of the many
Flying J Travel Plazas to the latest weird
3rd shift gas station attendant.

I got my clip board out and I made pages and pages
of random notes about the whole experience
(don't give me any crap about writing and driving...
it's better than dozing and driving! lol.)
and low and behold, the hours flew by and I didn't fall asleep
at the wheel!

I was really excited about the whole story springing
to life through my scribbling.
I left the notes (about 11 pages of them!)
on my clip board for safe keeping.

When we got home, some how, some way...
those pages got lost. I've searched high and low for
them, but there is no happy ending...no climax in sight.

Just lost.

Shit, it would have been a pretty cool story too.

1 Comments:

Blogger greglo said...

sounds like a pretty good story already!

:-)


Froggy

7/20/2006 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home