Dirt Road Journey's

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~Ursula K. Le Guin

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

~~~~~~~~~~DOGS PLAYIN' CARDS~~~~~~~~~~

Dogs playing cards is all we really are.
Trick Shuffle,
Rob Peter to pay Paul...
I was once
told
"fake it until you make it"
from of all people...
my landlord.
We are faking it.
Poker faces in place.
Can you tell that
I'm barely breathing
with my
toes
crossed and all of that jazz?
Ace
Queen
Jack
King...
Elvis?
Only in velvet, please.
Preferably from a street vendor
if you will.
I wag my tail and
I pray.
That one day our
hand is a good one
and we can
buy some apples for the bowl
and a roof over our head.
It isn't all bad is it?
Playin' cards builds
character.
And I know that we won't be left
in the cold.
I have faith in four
legs and anything
that lacks
opposable thumbs.

2 Comments:

Blogger greglo said...

a funny, witty, delightful one!!!!!

good to see you back!!! how are you doing, friend?

hugs from the frog.

11/11/2006 3:14 AM  
Blogger Camptown said...

I'm doing ok, I suppose. You? Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well. :)

Hugs,
V.

11/13/2006 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home