Dirt Road Journey's

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~Ursula K. Le Guin

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

PERSPECTIVE

I'm not sure why, but I consider myself
a "thinking" person.

I'm able to see both sides of a story.
I can form my own opinions about things.
I'm able to understand why people think the way they do.
I am also able to decide for myself what
I think about what other people think.

For instance, I'm a democrat.
But...I can understand how people can go the other way too.
I may not always agree with you, but I understand.

If I have couple friends that are fighting,
I can understand why both of them feel the way they do
rather than taking sides.

I'm not religeous,
but I have spirit.
I don't like church,
but I won't deny you
your center.

I'm smart enough to know that there are always
two sides to every story.
I wish everyone was like that.
But, this isn't a perfect world is it?
Not that I'm saying that I'm perfect.
FAR FROM IT!

I'm emotional.
I have a bad temper.
I can be wishy washy.
I probably drink too much.

I'm also kind of a hippie.
I like blue grass music.
If I had my way, I'd probably be
driving a Subaru and eating nuts and berries
in the nude. Who knows?

But.....I also hold down a full time job
and wear heels to work.
Not cut and dry.
Not black and white.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that passing judgement
on anyone really sucks, but most of us do it from time to time.

It has been brought to my attention that I was
the subject of small town gossip fodder around a campfire.

Gossip like this from someone ignorant shouldn't bother me,
But it does because all of it was one sided and, well, IGNORANT.

Ugh, it isn't even worth the effort that I put into this blog!
It's just boggles the mind.
But, putting it down,
helps me with perspective and
PERSPECTIVE IS A WONDERFUL THING!

2 Comments:

Blogger greglo said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! How right you are!!!!!!

From judgment to understanding.... the more we understand things, people, situation, the less we feel like judging them. And it all begins and deepens with ourselves; the more we understand ourselves the less we feel like judging ourselves. Somehow judging one thing is a lack of understanding of this particular thing. So we slowly grow through life going from judgment to und. ... and some of us never do! So sometimes we are the center of a city gossip (providing the city is small enough so people "know" you).

Personnally the cruel side of me likes the idea that I can be the center of a gossip, like right now with the break up of my couple. Carmaux is a small city and we are somehow a little bit known... and I enjoy the idea of people gossiping about the why-s of our break up... so you see that is a very bad side of me, because I think "of course those dumb asses don't have anything better to do"... unlike me who is such an intersting person... and we judge and judge and judge people... and we hate being judged... and..."ha well ... lost my trend of thought here" (as the cow-boy says in "The Big Lebowski"... seen it? If not you should; one of my cult movies btw!)

OK enough, coffee is ready and I don't know what I'm saying.....

but anyway, what a very nice, deep piece of understanding... a flavour of wisdom one might be tempted to say... ;-)

Froggy

8/02/2006 12:05 AM  
Blogger Camptown said...

You guys are cool. Thank you. I guess being excited about the stir of gossip in your small city is one way to look at it. :) I'm not feeling so worried about it now.

8/04/2006 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home